So today is July 1st (Happy Canada Day to all), which means it’s the start of a year long knit and blog along. If you haven’t heard anything about it you can click on the above graphic and go right to the Ravelry group where all will hopefully be made clear. The only real “rule” is that today is the day we post our list.
My list is a collection of projects that I have been wanting to do for a long time, outstanding WIPS, and Christmas gifts. I know that without a doubt that things that are not on this list will be knit, as it’s really hard to resist new things. I did also set an additional rule for myself in that all my knitting is happening from my stash and (aside from the blanket) there is very little that has to be purchased to complete each project. So without further ado, here is my list of insanity.
- Daybreak (cast on June & part of the Knit-a-long of Doom)
- Wallis Cardi (cast on August of last year)
- Rattle Creek Snake socks (cast on about 1 1/2 years ago)
- Noro Log Cabin Blanket (cast on June & a Christmas Knitting)
- Super secret BFF gift (I know you read this. No peeking, but you’ll like it!)
- Super Secret Husband gift (He reads it too.)
- Super Secret Little J gift (See first super secret gift. That’s her mum.)
- Kleenex covers x6
- sachets x6
- Washcloth x2 ( I really thought I was finished with those!)
- Reunion Cowl
- Lenore v 3.0
- Flaming Desire (Part of the Knit-a-long of Doom)
- Staked (Part of the Knit-a-long of Doom)
- Fishbone Gansey (Part of the Knit-a-long of Doom)
- Cut & Paste
- Matrimony Socks
- Masonic Lodge
That brings my grand total to 27. I have concerns surrounding that many pairs of socks and the cardis, but it’s worth giving it a go. Right now I am still convinced that I can do more or less all of this in a year. (I have mentioned in the past that I am slightly delusional.) And I love having everything out there in front of me even if it is a little intimidating. But, that’s my insanity. Welcome aboard. It should be a fun ride.