A few weeks ago I discovered the fish Tawashi on Ravelry. I immediately had to resist the urge to cast one on. They are cute, fast, stash busters and can be used for the Dishcloth Challenge.
But this week, I could no longer resist and had to make one. The pattern calls for “a small amount of yarn” so I took what I perceived to be a small amount of yarn out of my stash and set to work. A very short period of time later, I had this. It’s a fish scrubby ready to scrub my dirty dishes clean.
It is clearly a fish. And it’s cute and fast. But what shocked me was the minuscule amount of yarn it did actually use.
So I decided to make another one. I started by bringing out far less yarn. 22 grams to be exact.
And after weighing the yarn that was remaining I discovered that each of these little guys only uses 12 grams of yarn. That’s a tiny amount. Really tiny. I see a few more of these in my future very soon to use up the itty bitty ends that I thought were too small for anything.
The original idea for dishcloth challenge came from Ruth. Head on over to her blog to read all about it.